July 08, 2008

Hansen Family Campout

This past week was the Hansen Family Campout. We spent most of the time working on our Cabin that you can see in the background. We put in most of the windows, wrapped it and laid the 1300 sq. ft. deck. A lot of us still slept in it which was fun. Carrie Robinson came as you will later see in the pictures. My family has been camping for this week for a long time, since before I was born. I LOVE this outing. I look forward to it every year.


This year my second cousin Megan came. She is mentally retarded, but so fun. She loves to love. She brought her picture book, and was showing everyone. She also spent a lot of time helping me throw away people's empty plates. Apparently I wasn't doing a very good job and she would have to get my attention every time.


These are most of my cousins.The packer family couldn't make it, so we are missing four. Starting with me we are in order of birth, except for the very end Brooke and Blake did NOT want to be there so we just threw them in and they cried for the whole thing. We had a few moments of accidental matching...



Little Brookie really wanted a cookie
We are trying to hide our goods from the little kids, especially my Dr. Pepper
Kailyn and Breanne made friendship bracelets, they made a forever for Emma for me to take home for her because she wasn't there.


Brooke and Reagan were watering the duck and the Hippo, I guess they were thirsty.
We had to go on an Ice run to the local town of 200 Council Idaho. They were in the middle of their Fourth Fest and we needed to get back so I could direct the Cousin dinner. We also caught a lot of attention because we weren't from them there parts, and we were jacking a cart full of ice.
Lindsey wasn't sharing, we are working on that with a new behavior plan.
I introduced Werewolves to my cousins, which they loved and are addicted to, and surprisingly good at.
Here at the end we see it's Carrie's first time driving a four wheeler. She did very good, especially since it is a manual and she was wearing flip-flops and that hurts a lot. I didn't include many pictures about the slide, but I will. I think that deserves a whole entry of it's own because there are so many meories there, and Carrie came up with a new move. Which is a big deal because this slide has been around for about 5 or more years and all of the moves we thought had been taken. Thank goodness I have such a wonderful family because I don't know what I would do with out them. I have wonderful cousins, whom I love very much. They were so nice and social with Carrie. And they are so dang smart and funny. And guess what else, they are mine for enternity!



1 comment:

Just a thought... said...

Awwhhh ...What a nice family! I love reunions and your cabin looks like it will be awesome! Whitney would love it.

Mom Richards

Contributors