June 16, 2008

There have been a few requests that I tell how I got carson in the garbage disposal in the first place. I uh...well when I got the F6 bowl of fish for my birthday, I didn't recieve a net for them. And since everytime I go to the store I don't think about my fish, I never by one.

So I thought I would clean Carson's bowl in celebration for deciding on a name. and since I didn't have a net I decided that I would just dump the water out slowly, like I usually do until there is a little left to put in a cup or something. well I wasn't thinking and used the other side of the sink.

*floooop* down he went. I of course stood for a second, shocked that I dropped him down there but imediately stuck my hand in there to get him out. I instantly felt his slimy skin and pulled, but it turned out to be noodles that hadn't been chopped up. There were a whole lot of noodles, so I spent a lot of time grabbing a lot of slimy noodles. I would feel him flop around and in my mind I am thinking. "he's gonna die, I am going to have to corner him against the wall of sharp blades unavoidably skewering his little body to get a hold of him"

eventually after a min. I caught him long enough to fling him onto the counter were he kinda layed there. I thought that was it. but I scooped him up and dumped him in. I fell to the bottom and rested there not moving, his tail scruffed up and in pieces. I put some blood worms in the water, but it took all of his strength to lunge up to get one. He is a trooper.

Now he sees me come in the room and always swims to the glass and stares at me for about 30 sec. and then goes back to his business almost as if to say. "you better get me a good treat because you almost killed me jerk."

Here is a diagram of where I caught carson:


4 comments:

Carrie said...

That was an amazing story. Way to get him out though!

Just a thought... said...

Oh, I am soooo sending you a fish net. Email me your current address and it will be in the mail today! Carson is a Beta fish ...sometimes called a "fighting fish". You can't put two male betas together or they will -fight to the death. A funny thing that happened with a beta we used to have -we noticed he was acting all aggressive and well ...kind of crazed! As we tried to figure out what was wrong with him we realized that his fish bowl was too close to our shiny toaster. He could see his own reflection in it and went all out trying to fight himself!

mandy said...

you always crack me up!

Unknown said...

One time, I was babysitting my sisters fish...and I decided to clean the bowl, and two of them went down the drain.

Unfortunately, it was just the drain, and I couldn't get to them.

Thankfully, she still talks to me.

Also, you're awesome.

Contributors