December 30, 2007

One last good-bye

Well now that I am heading back in the morning I am going to share some of my favorite moments about Idaho this Christmas.


This is me, Emma and Kaylyn and the oldest play tee pee I know about. It was old when I was little. Being around my family is always my favorite.

This is Luke and Kendal after they had just come in from sledding. They were all sweaty. We had this conversation about what they wanted to be when they grow up. They said they were too tired to really thing about it. They were shocked when they found out that I wasn't getting married any time soon and that I still chose to be in school.

This is a table shot at the single sister's stake thing that we sang at. It was an amazing brunch complete with journals for all and Heidi making faces at everyone.

Gavin got me and my family some tickets and we got to go to the BSU vs. BYU game. It was so fun, until we lost. It was a sad lose because BSU fans are loud and mean. I am a BSU fan because well lets face it I thought about going there and if you are from around here you have to pick sides and I like Boise State. But I chose to be on BYU's side, as well as my family.

I think this may be my favorite thing. My parents gave themselves this new bathroom faucet for christmas. It is the coolest thing. Each of us keep finding ourselves walking into the bathroom just to turn it on.

It's been great to get away. I have had a chance to really focus my thoughts and think about my goals for the next semester. I have had some great opportunities to go on some fun dates. Tomorrow I am going out with this kid from England for new years and I am excited. Then when I get back I guess with another boy named Cole. It's good to know that I have other opportunities to meet people in a fun environment.

I won't lie though my heart is torn and it's still really hard to go out with other people. I guess I am looking for that feeling of contentment. The one that comes when I feel like I can be myself and do goofy things, or have silly opinions with someone. So I can mess around. It's fun to think that I could be with someone that would sing Disney songs in the car with me. or watch cartoons. I really want to feel like if I rolled around in the mud, my condition would be endearing instead of revolting. Some of the guys I have been around lately didn't give me that impression. I have really only felt that once with anybody, the sad thing is I don't think they ever knew that. I know that I took him for granted.

My family must be feeling like I am going to following in my unmarried uncle's footsteps. Even my dad said today that I should throw out the 500 mile rule and just find somebody. It's all a joke really but we did have to talk about "my plan" today so this has been fresh on my mind. It's nice to get it out where it can all make sense.

No comments:

Contributors