February 21, 2008

Oh boys

Lately at work I have had only boys stay after school. I am not sure what that means, but we went from having maybe 3 or 4 kids stay for after school, to averaging 10. All this week it has only been boys. I just noticed this yesterday. They of course are the same kids, the ones that I track, so they are all failing a class in one way or another.

Today I had a kid who is named after a country come in and he worked on his science something. He was typing it up and he kept asking me for my email address, but he was confused because he thought that an email address was actually where I lived.

I had to keep on one kid every health question he was doing because if I wasn't to say "ok, now look up friends" he would stand up and walk around and touch, move and bother anything within reach.

One was working on his math, and he told me that I suck at it.

One had punched his locker right after school and was having a hard time writing because his hand was completely swollen and black and blue.

One was looking at elementary pictures of himself.

One was actually kicking trash at his Algebra and hardly looked up from his work. Given I had to keep telling him to turn down his ipod because I could hear it, and we all know what kind of music kids listen to right now.

One came in and was really happy to see me. Since he was sent from a different teacher he was half an hour into it. So I instantly figured that he would start a break in the silence I had worked hard to maintain. BUT NO! I asked him what he was going to be working on, and to find a desk and HE DID! and for the first time I have been the strict teacher I have been waiting to be that gets respect, silence and kids that are producing homework.

7 comments:

Alan said...

Whatever, you secretly like boys. Boyeeee's!

Becca said...

They all have crushes on you.

Cannon said...

I'm in love with every girl

Kyle said...

Schools would be better without all the children.

jacob said...

I want to stay after school too. :-)

Janae Wallace said...

I just realized that the comment "I'm in love with every girl" includes girls born in the 90s. And the 80s and the 70s...That's sick Rusty...

Janae Wallace said...

Where's the list? I've been waiting! I want to see the final compilation!

Contributors